Monday, June 12, 2006

My libertarian rabbit

Lately, I've been having long and meaningful chats with Jack (my pet rabbit) on issues of national importance. I find it has helped to clarify my thinking. Which is why I was extremely shocked, during a politics tutorial on animal rights earlier this semester, to find that there are people out there who gain pleasure from abusing rabbits. These are otherwise respectable professionals, and it's happening in Australia.

I will take a break from blogging for a few weeks week starting Sunday the 25th of June to think these issues through (and to visit Wollongong). In the meantime I leave you with these pictures as a preview of my take on animal rights.


Think long and hard about whether there is a correlation between cuteness and the desire to cuddle.

3 Comments:

At June 14, 2006 5:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

=o cuddling isnt abuse! unless you cuddle with your teeth.
Cuteness invariably leads to cuddling; 'moohugs' are sufficient evidence for that surely?

 
At June 15, 2006 7:43 pm, Blogger skepticlawyer said...

Wild, Sukrit! AFAIK keeping pet rabbits is still illegal in Queensland, on the grounds that they may escape and breed everywhere (like everything else ever let loose here - cane toads for example).

 
At September 12, 2006 1:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, for a start my bunny doesnt need props. I think points should be deducted for that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home