Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Doin' what comes naturally...

I've always thought that when it comes to instincts, it's human beings that are remarkably light on. However, after my dog's first attempt at stud work, I'm having my doubts. He's a beautiful, 3 year old husky and should be rearing to go. Alas, no luck - he doesn't even know which end he's supposed to, erhm, approach.


As you can see he's a handsome fellow - why we've got a queue of breeders after his services. Right now the whole thing looks like going pear shaped - that is, my grand stud dog plan. It's no good being the son of two Australian Champions if you muff the important bit!

Update

Well, mother nature is savvier than I thought. I now have a very happy husky - things finally worked out. Needless to say our other dog isn't best pleased... and nor is the female's usual mate, who had a nice dose of the envies whilst confined to the back of his owner's ute.

I'll be interested to see the puppies when they arrive. The breeder is hoping for a litter of blue-eyed pups. His female is blue eyed, but his usual stud dog has brown eyes. My dog (as you can see) is also blue eyed, so unless there's an unreasonable amount of brown eyed recessive genes about, the puppies should be blue eyed as well. We shall see!

3 Comments:

At June 07, 2006 8:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one!! that doggy is flippin' GORGEOUS!
=) could u perhaps post pics of the puppies when they arrive?

*squeek*

 
At June 07, 2006 10:02 pm, Blogger skepticlawyer said...

If you're really interested, I can put you in touch with the breeders. I'll probably post puppy pics as well, though.

I'll think of some sort of economic rationale for my husky posts eventually (this being an economically and politically focussed blog and all), although I have to admit one hasn't crossed my mind just yet.

 
At June 08, 2006 12:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you're thinking of a pro-freedom economic rationale to your post I will raise the stakes and begin work on my post on Jack, my cute cute rabbit! Jack knows all about liberalism, just wait and see...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home