Sunday, August 20, 2006

Bloggers come out to play!

Regular readers of this blog who enjoy skepticlawyer's contributions may like to meet her in the flesh, if only to learn that not all bloggers are pale geeks and nerds (this one actually plays quite a bit of sport, and has a nice North Queensland tan).

On Thursday, August 24 I'll be a guest of Melbourne University and - I suspect - the Melbourne Writers' Festival. I'll be talking on taking a libertarian approach to publishing and writing... which means I should be able to get nicely warmed up on how the Australia Council's arts funding policies produce all sorts of market distortions, not to mention rent-seeking.

The event is free, drinks and nibbles are provided - you'll need to rsvp to rose.michael@unimelb.edu.au for catering purposes if you want to attend. It's at the Gryphon Gallery in the 1888 Building, corner of Grattan and Swanston Streets at 6:30 for 7:00 pm.

See you there!

4 Comments:

At August 20, 2006 9:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to be there but will be stuck in Alice Springs. Will you be there as you or as scepticlayer?

 
At August 20, 2006 9:41 pm, Blogger skepticlawyer said...

I'll be there as me, although I think they've advertised me under my partner's name - with which only readers of Skeptic and Quadrant will be particularly familiar.

Pity you can't make it - do feel free to pass the invite along to your friends, of course.

 
At August 21, 2006 7:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"if only to learn that not all bloggers are pale geeks and nerds"

Hey no fair... I take pride in my geekdom!

I can't make it to this, but will see you on Friday.

 
At August 21, 2006 10:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skepticlawyer - you can only go as you. You're a very interesting person and to meet and see anything other than you would be a waste of time.

The [ex] Associate ;))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home